I got far more reactions on my Give Away than I initially had expected and some commenters even wrote they liked all paintings and would have difficulty to choose one.
It is hard for me knowing I can't give all of you a miniature painting.
Therefore I decided to give away all paintings shown in the
Give Away post of April 4: that is 10 miniature paintings.
This is the list of names I made yesterday evening late. You can compare the sequence with the comments on the post of April 4.
I used the Random Generator to extract a list of 10 winners. This is the draw:
So the winners are:
- Maria Ireland
- Emily Miller Talbott
Congratulations to you all!
In her post of April the 8th Fiona (a Passion for Minatures) wrote about the wall plugs that appear to come with the coppertape system for creating electric light in a doll's house. I wrote a comment on this post about my coppertape system and how I agreed the rather ugly wall plugs had to be hidden behind tiny objects.
However the drawback of the coppertape system is you need to make plugs in the walls. The electricity plugs are far too big and obvious. I try to hide them with some furniture or tiny accessories.
The same trick I applied to the kitchen ceiling: the wires of the kitchen lamp end beneath the bath tub. If you look well, you can still see the grooves I made initially for the wiresystem; in the back wall of my house are still tiny holes where I wanted to pull the wires through. I can still do it if I choose to....
Then there was the problem of the hearths. I decided to hide the plugs behind them as you can see in the pictures below.
Instead of buying frames for the pictures in my Miniature House, I tried to make them with the materials I already have at home. In this post I will show you how I did this.
I started to determine the measurements of the frames I needed for the paintings by using two
L-shaped pieces of paper.
L-shaped pieces of paper.
I transferred the measurements to a piece of 1 mm cardboard and cut the rectangle or square out.
Next I took some ribbon or lace and I glued this in a straight line on a piece of 1 mm cardboard. I used a kind of white glue that can be used as a primer for acrylic paintings. (in the store of Peter van Ginkel; Mowilith DM-2)
I made sure not only to glue the fabric on the cardboard but also brush the glue over it's surface. In this way I could avoid the fabric getting fringed later in the process.
When the glue had completely dried, I cut the fabric. In the picture below you can see that I made the glued on ribbon a little less wide by cutting a long strip off. I did not want the frame to be too big and heavy around the painting.
When the ribbon was as broad as I wanted it to be, I started cutting it fit around my painting, using the template I made. You can see this in the pictures below.
On the frame, that was now created on the cardboard, I applied a coat of paint.
I glued the coloured frame onto the painting itself and cut it all out again. I applied a final layer of paint to conceal the edge of the painting underneath.
And below you can see the results;
I would like to give away a miniature painting. I made them especially for this Give-Away, trying to take into acount the general taste I gather from what I see on most blogs.
I know love of art is often a matter of personal taste and therefore can't be disputed. But I do hope most of you can find a picture that suits your taste and would fit in your own doll's house style.
All paintings are made with high quality acrylics and finished with a matt varnish, so I suppose the colours won't fade (but never expose them to the burning sunlight anyway). Some paintings are made on real canvas, others on primed cardboard.
2.7 cm x 3.5 cm
2.1 cm x 2.5 cm
3.3 cm x 4.2 cm
3 cm x 3 cm
2.5 x 3.5 cm
3.8 x 2.5 cm
2.5 x 3.3 cm
4.3 x 3.5 cm
2.1 x 1.6 cm
2.2 x 3 cm